Monday, February 1, 2010

Bahrain AirShow 2010




 

On January 23, 2010 the last day of Bahrain Airshow , I have no intention to write or make a comments on what I’ve experienced there, but until I read an article from GDN ( Gulf Daily News see link) I feel that I have something to say, so here I am .It was my first time to watch an Airshow I feel so excited that time, and wanted to go there early but as what they said the airshow will start at 1330, and my company said why to go there if we are just going to watch an airshow, I guess I just worried not to get a good place to watch, or nice seats.. Anyway we arrived in BIC parking area at 1230, take a queue to get in the bus going to Al Saikh Airport they give as a wrist band which we made us curious and ask what the use of ticket is if they will not ask and take the ticket from us hmmm we can go there without the ticket, anyway the travel from BIC to Airport was so quick even I just stand up in the bus no worries. When we get there I saw a grandstand where most of the people seats and thinking they can get the best place to watch the aircraft grrrrrr don’t think so even you have a big screen in front of you, it’s just the same you watching in big television the difference is they are watching under the sun and get burned. So No to grandstand, as we walk more we saw a heritage place, which I didn’t manage to go and walk around coz of an hour standing in a slow moving queue for taking a picture in a helicopter. The show started but we still in a queue instead of wasting our time spend on standing there, we just stay there and watch the show while trying to move our feet to get inside in the premises of a helicopter, finally I had picture with the helicopter and the pilot not bad for spending an hour on a line then just 10 minutes taking a picture.
Aircraft was nice, but I’m not kind of amazed even its my first time to watch, I just don’t understand why most of the Aircraft fly far away from the people, I mean they put the grand stand but they flying in the opposite side of people,.. Bad idea to go there without binocular or a super super power zoom camera. There’s one aircraft who perform and caught my attention more because of the loud sounds and unbelievable tricks “ cool “ it is from US Navy well what do you expect?..
We didn’t finish the show, why? One we have to go home coz one of the guys are going home and out things left on his car, second it’s so hot and last we get bored!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment